Jennifer Aniston Calls Boyfriend Justin Theroux Her 'Protector'
'He's just a good human being, and so funny,' actress tells Australia's Marie Claire about her BF and 'Wanderlust' co-star.
By Christina Garibaldi
Photo: Steve Granitz/ WireImage Looks like Jennifer Aniston is lucky in love again. Since her highly publicized 2005 divorce from one of Hollywood's biggest stars, Brad Pitt, the celebrity gossip magazines have speculated about Aniston's love life troubles. But after filming the flick "Wanderlust" with co-star Justin Theroux, Aniston and the actor struck up a romance. In the May issue of Australia's Marie Claire, the 43-year-old actress gushes to the magazine about why her boyfriend of nearly a year is a keeper. "He's a protector, for sure," Aniston, who graces the cover, says. "He's just a good human being, and so funny." The couple filmed "Wanderlust" last fall in Georgia, and the story line centers around a stressed-out couple who travel to a hippie-ish community and learn the meaning of "free love." And that laid-back, secluded atmosphere may have helped Theroux and Aniston's relationship to develop. "All of a sudden, I began decompressing. It's weird, but it felt like living a normal life; almost like having your anonymity back," Aniston says about the shooting location. "Nobody bothered us and we were protected as a group. There were no paparazzi and no secret, tricky little cell phone pictures being taken," she continues. "I realized how paranoid and guarded and not trusting — walled-in — I had become. Not consciously so, but just this armor that I kind of have, protective armor. It's not for my friends or family, but for being outside in the world, always on guard." Aniston had to let her guard down for "Wanderlust," however, especially when filming her much-talked-about topless scene. "There are always nerves when you shoot a scene like that. But the adrenaline takes you through it and then you have the girls come in and cover you up immediately," Aniston admitted. "I got very comfortable with seeing nude people, pretty much immediately. It was bizarre to know that these were actually nudists — because there's a nudist colony in Clarkesville — and how comfortable they are being nude." Check out everything we've got on "Wanderlust." For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com. Related Videos MTV First: Paul Rudd & Jennifer Aniston
- 2 Israeli documentaries shortlisted for Oscar
- Did N. Korea's mysterious first lady give birth?
- Breast implants, kittens: Strange things left at hotels
- Armstrong's moon speech not so improvised, brother says
- The courage of Boehner and McConnell
- Bloomberg meets with Gabrielle Giffords on gun control
- White powder sent to paper in gun permit map flap
- Bradley Cooper & Zoe Saldana Split Again?
- Senate swears in a historic 20 female senators
- "Hunger Games" and "Hobbit" most-anticipated films of 2013: poll
- Clinton soars, Palin plummets in most-admired survey
- Will 2013 be the year Japan's economy turns around?
- Photos: British zoo starts annual critter census
- New day, new school: Sandy Hook students resume classes
- Depardieu gets Russian citizenship to protest France 'super-tax'